Convert your interstate licence or New Zealand licence

Step 1 of 5: Accept Terms and Conditions

Are you on your Ps?

If you have a probationary licence that doesn't show the issue date on the licence card, please call 13 11 71 at least 3 working days before your appointment so we can confirm your details with the interstate authority.


To convert your interstate/New Zealand (car or bike) licence or learner permit to Victorian, you need to:

Bring to your appointment:

If you're not eligible, or forget to bring something, you will not be able to convert your licence and will forfeit your appointment fee. You'll need to book a new appointment and pay for another appointment.

Do you have a medical condition?

If you take prescribed medications or have a medical condition that could affect your ability to drive, you'll need to tell us and provide relevant medical reports.


We accept
All Visa and MasterCard payments will incur a card payment fee of 0.4%.

Fee: $18.20

Expired driver licence and/or learner permits

If your interstate or New Zealand driver licence or learner permit has expired by 5 or more years and you don't hold a current overseas licence you will need to book an appointment and undertake a knowledge test and drive test at a VicRoads Customer Service Centre. Please do not use this service.

By clicking 'next' you agree to the terms and conditions above.