Convert your overseas licence

Important Information: If your licence is not from a Recognised Country you cannot book an appointment through here. You’ll need to call 13 11 71 or visit a Customer Service Centre to make an overseas learner permit appointment.

Note: When you attend your appointment you must bring your evidence of identity and overseas drivers licence with you.

Your overseas licence must be verified prior to booking the drive test.

If your overseas drivers licence is from a Recognised Country or a country where driving experience IS recognised, you may not need to take a test.

Recognised countries and jurisdictions
Austria Germany Isle of Man Norway
Belgium Greece Italy Portugal
Canada Guernsey Japan Singapore
Croatia Bosnia & Herzegovina Jersey Spain
Denmark Ireland Malta Sweden
Finland UK Netherlands (Holland) Switzerland
France USA Luxembourg

If your overseas driver licence has been verified and was issued from one of the countries or jurisdictions listed below, your driver experience IS recognised in Victoria and you will not need to sit a drive test. However if you are under the age of 25 years you will need to take a test to get a Victorian driver licence.

Driver experience recognised
Bulgaria Hong Kong
(must be held for 12 months)
Lithuania Slovenia
Czech Republic Hungary Poland South Africa
of Cyprus
Republic of Korea (South Korea) Romania Taiwan
Estonia Latvia Slovakia Serbia

If your licence is from a recognised country please select the country or jurisdiction your licence was issued, and then click the next button.

Please wait while your details are processed..